Our mission statement
“Every problem has a solution”
We ensure a smooth operation throughout the entire refrigeration and air-conditioning system cycle. PMV’s system solutions consist of cost-efficient engineering concepts and a variety of services.
Trade, retailing and industry have a range of different requirements with respect to climate conditions for storage, production and sales presentation of foods and other products. Developing reliable solutions on the basis of modern, energy-efficient and environmentally compatible technology and components.
We design, install, maintain and repair refrigeration units for commercial and industrial customers
- Food, vegetable, fruit and meat storage
- Walk-in Freezer & deep freezer storage
- Blast freezers and chillers
- Refrigerated prep tables
- Bottle coolers
- Bar refrigeration
- Ice rooms
- Hotel, restaurant, bar refrigeration
- Painting room and paint baking room
- Factory building & cold storage
- Chemical storage
- Temperature and moisture controlled room
- Ceiling for production room
- Scientific laboratory
We specialize in the design, fabrication and maintenance of refrigeration units in professional and commercial kitchens, in outlets such as hotels, restaurants and pubs, as well as trade and industrial supply chains.
Supply and installation of any required equipment, as well as providing ongoing maintenance agreements that include servicing any of your places of business. This gives you complete peace of mind that in the rare event of a breakdown, you have a reliable resource to call upon.
Installation & maintenance includes a huge range of items, such as refrigerator cabinets, cold rooms, freezer rooms, display cabinets and ice machines.
Humidity & Air-flow rate
Cold storage purpose
Relative humidity %
- Potatoes 95-100% 95-100%
- Tomatoes 90-95% 90-95%
- Apples 90-95% 90-95%
- Garlic 65-70% 65-70%
- Chicken 95-100% 95-100%
- Fresh fish 95-100% 95-100%
Cold room technical specifications
Corrosion resistant locks and receivers are included as an integral part of the panel at manufacture, giving a tight and secure fit between panels in assembly.
The panels are formed with tongue and groove edges for rigidity.
- Polyurethane Insulated Panels
- Formed from high density (42kg/sq.m) polyurethane foam
- Clad in food safe white PVC coated galvanised steel
- Polyurethane foam conforms to fire safety standard BS4735
- Corrosion resistant locks and receivers
- Tongued and grooved edges
- Internal corners are finished with PVC coving
- CFC free
insulation panels – Thermal Performance
Thermal conductivity (λ) 0.0224 W/mk
Heat Transmission : W/m²
|wdt_ID||Panel Thickness in [mm]||40||50||60||70||80||100||120||150||170||180||200|
|1||U value [W/m2K]||0.606||0.450||0.372||0.319||0.279||0.223||0.186||0.149||0.132||0.125||0.112|
|2||Temperature difference [°C]|
- hermetic or semi-hermetic compressors with motor thermic protection
- electronic control or PLC that can be programmed according to different user requirements
- condensation by air (optional by water)
- gas expansion by electronic or thermostatic valve
- emergency system for trapped personel
- heater automatic defrosting with programmable run duration and frequency
- direct condensing water discharge
- additional electronic module for master/slave operation (optional)
- additional electronic module for monitoring, recording and remote management (optional)
- remote management system (optional)
- reliable LED or fluorescent lights
Calculation : D = (λ x ∆t) / Q
D = thickness of insulation (mm)
λ = lambda value of insulation (W/mK)
∆t = temperature difference between internal and external face.
Q = heat flow = 10(W/m2)
Air pressure considerations
The process of cooling or thawing of large quantities of food stored in airtight spaces causes considerable alterations in air pressure due to the contraction/expansion of theinterior atmosphere. Rapid pressure changes may result in damages of the insulated box system, and in extreme cases (eg. self contained boxes) in collapse of the structure. Therefore, especially in case of panel envelopes operating in negative temperatures, compensatory pressure valves need to be installed into walls or ceilings. The dimensions and the number of the valves shall be determined by our specialist.
Operating temperature for insulation panel thicknesses
Panel(s) should be selected to achieve a maximum thermal transmittance of 10W/m²
Insulated panel are used for temperature control and food & hygiene safe applications within an internal temperature range between +60°C and -40°C. Applications include food processing, chill/ cold store and deep freeze and clean room environments
The high quality of the materials used, with the complete sanitary finishing, makes this line of cold rooms ideal to satisfy the most demanding segments of the market such as restaurants and pharmaceutical companies.
Insulation foam properties
Free standing height and ceiling span
|5||Thermal Conductivity (K value)||0.022||w/(m°K)|
|6||Closed Cell Content %||>93||%|
|7||Water Absorption by Volume 24h||1||%|
|wdt_ID||Thickness (mm)||U-Value (W/m² °C)||Weight (Kg/m²)||Max.Wall Height (m)||Max.Ceiling Span (m)|
- refrigeration, if the food must be stored for a short period of time (0…7 °C).
- freezing, deep freezing and freezedrying if it must be stored for long periods.
When deep freezing a product, it must reach a temperature of -18 °C in less than 4 hours, while for regular freezing the product can take more than 4 hours to reach -18 °C. During freeze-drying the product is dried following forced evaporation of the moisture contained in the product.
In the food industry, refrigeration is one of the most delicate and complex applications, as food needs to be kept at different temperatures depending on the processing phase. Refrigeration slows the growth of bacteria in foods. The technique is based on the extremely quick and intense action of cold temperatures, ensuring the organoleptic propeties of the food remain intact and extending storage time. Systems designed and installed on an industrial scale as well as those for consumers are based on standard procedures and techniques. The chiller is just one part of a more complex system that allows the evaporator to define the ideal heat exchange and thus preserve the food.
Cold rooms are a key point in the cold chain. Proper management has positive impact on both the quality of the stored product and on the environment in terms of energy savings. Often the contents of a cold room are quite valuible and therefore require serious and reliable technological solutions.
Depending upon the type of food or system, cold rooms can be classified as:
- normal temperature (>0 °C, for storing fruit and vegetables for example)
- low temperature (<0 °C, for storing meat for example)
- stand-alone (with onboard compressor/ condenser)
- with remote condenser or packaged units
- centralised (without onboard compressor, with remote compressor rack).
- Probes for measuring room and defrost temperature
- Defrost heaters
- Evaporator fans
- Door switch
- Condenser fans
concentrating on core component: liquid technology
The paper and printing industry requires constant and reliable control of ambient temperature and humidity conditions in order to ensure maximum efficiency throughout all stages of the process and final product quality.
Swings in humidity can cause dimensional variations, loss of substrate planarity, and increased static electricity in the environment, which in turn cause machine stoppage and printing defects.
To give an idea of the order of magnitude, an offset print run of 10,000 copies takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete in suitable ambient conditions. The same run, in uncontrolled conditions, can take up to 3 hours or even longer, due to continuous machinery stoppage.
Rejects due to poor quality of the finished product or interruption of the printing process, making it necessary to repeat the setup procedure and wait for the machinery to reach optimum conditions, are an important cost item that can be significantly reduced by controlling the ambient temperature-humidity conditions.
dampening solution & additives
Ideally, the dampening solution should possess a water hardness of 8 ° dH to 12 ° dH and a pH-balance of 4.8 to 5.5. The typical dampening solution temperature ranges between 10 °C to 15 °C. At the same time, a printer must know that at low temperatures, condensation water collects on tubes and in the dampening solution vats and this may lead to the formation of water droplets. Dampening solution additives are complex material systems with various components included to promote adequate emulgation and wetting (surface tension). They are important for pH-Balance adjustment and for stabilization (buffer systems), protection against corrosion, for a cooling effect, and in avoiding slime formation (biocide).
continuously proven setup for a finer print
Design, installation & maintenance of process control units as well as remodeling/retrofitting & repairing of existing systems:
• Central cooling systems
• Water preparation systems
• Filtration systems
• Dampening solution circulators
• Inking unit temperature control systems
• Ambient temperature & humidity systems
- Well-adjusted required cooling capacity
- Energy saving process
- Reduced dust and powder swirling
- Minimum temperature oscillation
- Stable interior climate
- Low noise emission
- Reduced CO2 footprint
- Waste heat recovery (optional)
- Coherent consulting
- Experienced knowledge of existing cooling units
- Quality piping and electrical installations
- Maintenance services
- Newest up-to-date tech
- Customized solutions
- New installs & existing retrofits
- System repairs
The inking unit is cooled using a refrigeration unit. Using cool outside temperatures instead of refrigeration units for cooling is more energy-efficient. For outside temperatures up to approx. 20 °C we employ a bypass function that uses outside air for cooling without need for additional electrical energy. This is termed free cooling. It is ideal for cooling inking units, since these generally operate at temperatures of 26 °C to 28 °C . The main advantage of free cooling is the high reduction in operating costs. The dampening solution is cooled using refrigeration units throughout the year, as dampening solution is generally kept at 8 °C to 10 °C . For these low process temperatures, the options for using free cooling are very limited and therefore not cost-effective. However, for low temperature climates this provides an advantage in both energy savings and as a backup solution.
Machine tool cooling systems
PMV Projekt will help with any application involving machinery overheating issues due to milling, drilling, cutting, or grinding. We design, manufacture, install & maintain chillers to efficiently cool your equipment, reducing wear and heat to increase run time. By matching your application’s parameters with the right chiller, your machinery will last longer with maintained precision. Our units are designed with easily adjustable coolant temperatures to track fluctuating ambient conditions, machine base temperature or a fixed set point. Whether you require a compact stand-alone chiller or an integrated central cooling system to handle multiple machines, we’re up for the task.
Water or water-based coolant
Chillers include de-ionized water, water/glycol mixtures, and water-based synthetic coolants. Evaporators are brazed, stainless steel plates. Piping and fittings are non-ferrous. Self-priming, centrifugal pumps are standard.
Oil or oil-based coolant
Chillers include brazed evaporators, enhanced stainless steel plates. Piping and fittings are copper, bronze, steel, or hose. Self-priming, cast-iron gear pumps are standard.
- Coolant Sumps
- Filtration Tanks
- Hydraulic Tanks
- Process Tanks
- Quench Tanks
PID Temperature Controller: Provides precise autotuned closed loop temperature control (±0.1°C).
Ambient Tracking Controller. Dual input digital temperature controller allows ambient temperature tracking at a constant, adjustable differential. Displays both ambient and coolant temperature.
Optional Pumps. A variety of pumps are available to meet almost any flow and pressure requirement for both water and oil-based coolants.
Low Flow Interlock. Prevents damage to machine on loss of flow.
Temperature Fault Interlock. Indicates coolant temperature is out of range.
In-Line Heater. Warms up coolant to optimum operating temperature.
In-Line Filter Insures clean coolant.
Non-Refrigerated Cooler. Uses central chilled water or ambient air instead of refrigeration. Saves space and maintenance.
Water-Cooled Condenser For use with tower or city water. Removes heat from the work area while saving space and maintenance.
- Maintaining 10 – 32°C coolant temperature
- Direct cooling of water soluble coolants
- Bag filters for a variety of micron levels
- Ambient tracking or set point control available
- Capacity from 3 – 50kW
- Includes integral nonferrous water/coolant pumping system
- Available in water cooled, air cooled outdoor and remote air-cooled condensers
- Maintaining 10 – 32°C central closed loop water temperature
- Available in sizes from 50 – 1050 kW
- Linked to individual machines via heat exchanger packages
- Selected and designed for each customer’s requirements and facilities
- Optional water pumping station
- Available in water cooled, air cooled outdoor and remote air-cooled condensers
Heat exchanger packages
- Built for water soluble or oil based coolant
- Ambient tracking and modulating valve control systems available
- Inlet/Outlet pressure and temperature gauges standard
- Brazed plate or gasket exchangers available with variety of gasket types
- Cleanable exchanger for difficult conditions such as carbide grinding
Plastics process & injection moulding cooling systems
Need process cooling equipment for the plastics industry? With so much relying on finding the right solution, you need equipment you can depend on. With over 10 years of experience, PMV Projekt will help you find the most economical and energy efficient solution for your plastic cooling needs. Our business model lies in industrial chiller design & manufacturing: with portable chillers, central chillers, cooling towers, temperature controllers, pump reservoirs and more for any applications. We will be there for you every step of the way from system design, equipment selection, installation requirements, equipment startup, maintenance and beyond.
Why use a chiller for your injection molding process?
There are two main reasons for using a chiller for the injection mold cooling process.
1. To protect your equipment: while the chiller represents a small cost of the processing equipment, it provides solid protection of your investment, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for years and years to come. To increase production: maintaining a constant and proper cooling temperature in your process equipment will increase the number of parts produced per hour, and a significant reduction in the number of defective parts. Using a chiller means:
2. Less Scrap: a consistent and reliable supply of the proper temperature to the process which means less scrap. Better Heat Transfer Rates, Less Maintenance and Downtime: because a chiller uses a closed water loop, a better quality of water will be used, resulting in better heat transfer rates, less required maintenance and decreased downtime. Colder Water: a chiller can produce much colder water (or water/glycol mixture) than any of the other cooling alternatives, giving you certain advantages under some circumstances.
Plastics cooling equipment options
- Choose from a versatile range of plastics process cooling equipment, including portables and central chillers, cooling towers, pumping systems and temperature control units specifically designed for the plastics industry.
- Equip your chiller with controls and features customized to your process.
- Shrink your footprint with PMV’s environmentally friendly refrigerant based chillers.
- Get greater performance and efficiency from our programmable controllers and advanced refrigeration design.
Top notch experience support
- Get expert advice and analysis from our team of industry experienced engineers to select the right equipment to specifically meet your heat transfer needs for your plastics processing equipment and systems.
- Our trained project manager will handle all aspects of your project from order to startup to assure all runs smoothly.
Our line of plastic cooling systems:
Air-cooled, water-cooled, or remote condenser portable chillers model, there is an economical Accuchiller that meets your exact requirements.
PMV project designs & manufactures chillers specifically designed for injection mold cooling. In addition to removing the heat from the plastic mold, our chillers can be used to transfer heat away from the hydraulic heat exchanger, the mold temperature controller (thermolator) and the feed throat of the injection molding machine.
For efficient and reliable central chilling systems – no matter what the need or application. With several different central chillers designs to choose from, you can get exactly the capacity you need with all the features you want.
In open-loop systems, impurities in the water can plate out on hot surfaces of mold passages, obstructing water flow. Calcium scale and other impurities on passage walls are also thermal insulators, so they sharply reduce the heat-transfer capability of molds or heat exchangers.
Water in the closed-loop system is chemically treated to dissolve solids and keep them in suspension. An optional oxygen scavenger is also added to remove dissolved oxygen, so the water won’t support microbes or cause rust.
"Free cooling" in winter
PMV’s new central cooling systems are designed so that in cold weather the molds can be cooled without using the chillers. Instead, the mold water is switched to an alternate circuit with a special heat exchanger that is cooled directly by tower water. We call this “free cooling” because Mother Nature is doing most of the work. This free-cooling circuit can provide up to 450kw of cooling during winter months. Switching back and forth between chiller and free cooling is controlled automatically by on board PLC.
Pump / reservoir systems
Our selection of reservoirs, pumps, controls and alarms, plus complete engineering support from system design to plant layout drawings, assure you of the correct system for your application.
– Air cooled 1 to 35 kW
– Water cooled 2 to 50 kW
– Remote condenser to 50 kW
- PLC provides diagnostics and precise temperature control
- Environmentally friendly and energy efficient R410A refrigerant
- Compact micro-channel all aluminum air-cooled condensers for increased durability
- High efficiency fans (air-cooled units only) with integral condensers feature totally enclosed air over motors for long life.
- Stainless steel brazed plate evaporators with flow and temperature safeties to guard against freezing
- Reliable and energy efficient scroll compressors
- Compressor staging for reduced energy use on 25 kw and larger units
- Remote 4-20 mA set point temperature input for increased application flexibility
- SCADA integration
- Removable inlet air filter (air-cooled units only) is easily cleaned and protects condenser coils to assure maximum efficiency
- Hot gas bypass provides accurate capacity control and extends compressor life
- Water regulating valve (water cooled units only) keeps refrigerant pressure constant
Beverage process control systems
We provide highly customized solutions, built on deep experience and benchmarked against the best in class industry practices. This helps in quick deployment and immediate results. We are constantly developing new, unique and cost-effective ways to collect and relate data to our process & utility solutions so you spend less time collecting and analyzing, more time taking action.
Our air-cooled chillers are purpose built for the unique requirements of breweries. Set up for low temperature operation and high flow, our chillers are designed to cool fermentation tanks quickly to maximize production while keeping bright tanks at a steady temperature.
Temperature control is achieved by using time proven PLC with PID closed loop control. The control system maintains precise temperature while protecting the system components. All sensors and output controls are maintained by the PLC, permitting instant diagnosis of performance.
Cooling the brew
While most people appreciate an ice-cold beer, the actual brewing process requires several stages of heating and cooling. Due to the extreme changes in temperature needs, a glycol chiller can play a major part in keeping up the ideal flow of your brewery.
There are five major points when the brewing process requires cooling:
1. Cooling a cold liquor tank (“CLTs”). The name can be misleading in brewing because unlike some other alcohol productions, CLTs are buffer tanks that contain cold water, not liquor. Before glycol chillers, a CLT could be a simple skin vessel that sat in a cold room. However, with glycol chillers, a CLT can be fitted with an immersed cooling coil.
2. Cooling the wort after initial boiling process, if needed.
3. Maintaining stable desired temperature in fermentation tanks and/or brite tanks
4. Crash cool or cooling the beer after fermentation to final holding temperature (this is the most demanding application for cooling).
5. Cooling the storage room facility.
How does a glycol chiller work?
Chillers are essentially refrigerators. Like all refrigeration units, one of these chiller systems involves a compressor, evaporator, condenser and a pump. We can either design & install the chilling unit together with the buffer tank and pumps as a packaged system, or separately, to be used in a customized setup. The buffer tanks work with the chilling unit to provide “buffer” capacity for the system to prevent excessive chiller cycling, unexpected temperature fluctuations, and erratic system operation.
A central or portable chiller is tasked with cooling the propylene glycol used in brewing. Propylene glycol is a food grade antifreeze, which is required for cooling food products.
While there are indoor and/or portable chillers, a substantial sized brewery will generally have the cooling unit of a chiller sit outside the facility. The chilled glycol coolant can then be pumped inside the facility where it can be used to regulate the cooling processes in whatever stage of brewing you desire.
A glycol chiller is necessary if you want reliable temperature control over your brewing process. Also remember, one benefit beyond using pure water as a coolant is that propylene glycol is an anti-freeze, so it can be cooled below freezing without damaging the system.
Typical Applications for Glycol Chillers in Craft Brewing
– Central Glycol / Water Chillers
– Fermentation Tank Cooling
– Conditioning Tank Cooling
– Storage Room Cooling
– Wort Cooling
– Evaporative Cooling Towers
– Pump Tank Stations
– Heat Exchangers
- Hermetic scroll or semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors
- Finned tube air-cooled condensers
- Electronic expansion valve
- PLC controlled 50% hot gas by-pass capacity control system
- Stainless Steel Brazed Plate evaporator
- High flow stainless steel centrifugal pump
- Large capacity insulated non-ferrous reservoir
- Automatic low flow bypass circuit
- PLC control with remote monitoring & supervision
Units with Digital Scroll Compressors include:
- Custom control software included to operate digital capacity control feature
- Provides energy efficient capacity modulation from 20 – 100%.
HIGHLY EFFICIENT EVAPORATORS...
High efficiency stainless steel brazed plate evaporators are standard. The non-ferrous construction prevents rusting.
HIGH PERFORMANCE COOLANT PUMPS...
Centrifugal pumps are standard. All pumps are selected to provide turbulent flow to promote efficient heat transfer.
AIR-COOLED CONDENSERS ...
Finned tube condensers are used in all models. Axial fans are standard.
RUGGED COMPRESSORS ...
Reliable scroll and digital scroll and reciprocating compressors provide long life and energy efficient operation.
Ventilation & HVAC systems construction and maintenance
We provide premises with fresh air thanks to the cutting-edge systems in the numerous long-term experience and knowledge. Design, build, maintain services and install all types of commercial ventilation, extraction and filtration systems. These include:
Our range of ventilation services include
- Ventilation System Installation
- Commercial Kitchen Canopies
- Commercial Air Conditioning
- Fume Extraction Systems
- Basement Ventilation
- Smoke Ventilation
- Dust Extraction
PMV projekt provides a comprehensive solution regarding the design, manufacture and installation of sheet metal ductwork systems.
Our team of AutoCAD designers, and project engineers provide full technical support and advice in all areas of building ventilation and air conditioning installations.
With access to well-equipped workshop, we have both the equipment and capacity to undertake contracts of all sizes, from the fabrication of small components such as system fans and grilles, to commercial kitchen extractors, steel canopies and large ventilation ductwork.
Our extensive industry experience and operational flexibility enables us to produce ductwork solutions for dust and fume extraction, air conditioning, ventilation and heating.
Working closely with all of our clients, we offer a “single solution” for the design, installation and maintenance of commercial and industrial ductwork, in addition to working from pre-approved plans and design drawings.
We will design, supply and fit commercial kitchen canopies of all sizes. From singular, stand-alone feature canopies, to large extraction units for commercial kitchens, we can custom build a commercial kitchen canopy to meet the specific needs of our customers.
Specifically designed around each kitchen, our commercial canopies aid in the ventilation and removal of several types of emissions. These include:
- Expanded air from the heat produced by cooking devices
- Grease & odors caused from cooking food
- Combustion fumes from heating appliances
Specialists in all aspects of kitchen ventilation, our commercial kitchen canopies offer reliable performance, high levels of fire resistance and can be powder coated to produce a range of finishes.
Kitchen canopy installations and ventilation projects have included work in hotels, restaurants, pubs and works dining facilities.
We offer a full range of ventilation maintenance services to complement our turnkey project installation service. Whether you’re looking for a one-off emergency breakdown repair, an existing system appraisal or an ongoing maintenance package, we can tailor our services to suit your requirements.
See our range of maintenance services below –
- Testing & Reporting
- Local Exhaust Ventilation Testing
- Airflow Balancing
- Existing System Re-Commissioning
- Ventilation System Health Check
- Fire Damper Testing
Using calibrated test equipment and working to the latest applicable legislation, we can provide detailed service reports to assist your ongoing maintenance regime.
Ventilation Equipment Services –
- Air Handling Unit Servicing
- HVAC Filter Changes
- Heating / Cooling Coil Replacements
- Insulation Repairs
- Ducting Repairs
Specialized ventilation control panels
Wide range of specialized ventilation control panels are designed to satisfy the demands of modern buildings in terms of performance and system requirements.
Our affiliation with many reputable & time proven brands over the years helped us improve reliability & efficiency of our constrol systems.
Built with components from brands such as:
- Schneider Electric
Heat Recovery ventilation and optional heat pump
Heat recovery is a balanced whole house ventilation system that supplies, extracts air and recovers up to 95% of heat that would have otherwise been lost through the ventilation process. With a centrally mounted heat recovery unit located in a loft or ceiling void, each room is connected via a ducting network and simple ceiling or wall grilles are present in each room.
Heat Recovery Ventilation is suitable for newly built properties and heat recovery unit choice should be based on a calculation of floor area, number of bedrooms and occupancy levels.
Heat Recovery Ventilation has many benefits for the home and the occupant
Whether it be about emission ratings, energy usage, health, indoor air quality or acoustics, Heat Recovery comes with many benefits:
1. Direct Reward in energy saving for choosing an efficient ventilation strategy that directly reduces heating requirements to the dwelling
2. Year-round removal of indoor air pollutants and eliminating the risk of mold and condensation
3. A balanced ventilation system for the whole house that recovers heat that would have otherwise have been lost
4. Low noise, non-intrusive ventilation system for end users
5. A healthy, happy home!
Heat Recovery works best in airtight properties
Heat Recovery can be installed in any new building (and refurbished too!)
To maximize the Heat Recovery System performance, especially the heat exchange efficiency, it is suitable for dwellings with an air tightness levels of 5ach or below (air changes per hour).
Basically, the more sealed the dwelling, the more effective the heat recovery system will be for the home and its occupants.
If the building is leaky to begin with, the rewards of recovering the heat are minimized.
Working closely with leading brands and air conditioning manufacturers, we provide air conditioning and installation services for domestic, commercial and industrial customers.
The ability to control the climate of your office or place of work offers many benefits throughout the year. Creating a comfortable environment in which to work can significantly improve the productivity of staff, producing savings much greater than that of the initial cost of installation.
Whether you require a constant temperature across a large workspace or individual control over numerous rooms at once, our skilled technicians will see your project through.
We will offer a complete Design, Manufacture and Installation package on all split air conditioning systems and ducted air handling units, see below for more details.
Split Air Conditioning Systems
Wall mounted air conditioning units
Wall mounted split systems are designed to air condition small and medium size areas and are ideal for offices, shops or domestic applications, they are generally operated by a remote infra-red control.
Void mounted ducted units
Ducted units are mounted above a false ceiling and are generally connected to ductworks in the ceiling with supply and exhaust grilles in the space.
Ceiling air conditioning cassettes
These units can be mounted in a room without any false ceilings, they are ideal for retail premises as well as offices as they evenly distribute the air via their 4-way blow discharge. They are generally operated by a hard-wired remote control.
What is the inverter technology in air conditioners?
The Inverter technology (DC) is the latest evolution of technology concerning the electro motors of the compressors. An Inverter is used to control the speed of the compressor motor, so as to continuously regulate the temperature. The DC Inverter units have a variable-frequency drive that comprises of an adjustable electrical inverter to control the speed of the electromotor, thus the compressor and the cooling / heating output.
The drive converts the incoming AC current to DC and then through a modulation in an electrical inverter, produces current of desired frequency. A microcontroller can sample each ambient air temperature and adjust accordingly the speed of the compressor.
The inverter air conditioning units have increased efficiency in contraction to traditional air conditioners, sharp fluctuations in the load are eliminated whilst extending part life. This makes the inverter AC units quieter, with lower operating cost and with less breakdowns. The inverter AC units might be more expensive than the constant speed air conditioners, but this is balanced by lower energy bills. The payback time is approximately two years depending on the usage.
HVAC chillers for cooling applications
We manufacture HVAC chillers that offer cooling and air conditioning for industrial and commercial applications. A typical system includes a compressor, condenser, electronic expansion valve, evaporator, reservoir, and a control unit.
In our systems, a hot gas bypass is used to stabilize the cooling output by allowing the hot gas to warm up the evaporator. This causes a reduction in cooling efficiency but stabilizes the chilled water temperatures. When water is pumped from the reservoir to the compressor, the chilling cycle begins again.
Air cooled chillers use a fan to force air over the condenser coils, while water cooled chillers fill the condenser coils with circulating water.
Remote air-cooled condenser chillers locate the main part of the chiller in the application area whilst the condenser is positioned remotely, usually outdoors.
We also offer modular chillers which can be configured in different ways based on application requirements.
We are experienced in the fields of service, repair, and installation of heat pumps. A heat pump is a device that transfers heat from one place to another, from indoors to outdoors or from outdoors to indoors. For homes with no access to natural gas, heat pumps offer an efficient and reliable solution for heating and cooling.
The biggest advantage of a heat pump over standard HVAC units is that you only need one system to heat and cool your home. Heat pumps are also very efficient. They use energy to transfer heat rather than burn fuel to create it. Heat pumps are also great dehumidifiers and work better than your regular air conditioner at dehumidifying your home.
In the winter, they won’t dry out your air like a furnace will.
Heat pump vs. furnace
The main difference between a heat pump and a furnace is how they generate heat. Furnaces use flames to heat the air and then use a fan to push the heat throughout your home or building. Meanwhile, heat pumps transfer heat from the outside air rather than heating up the air. Heat pumps can generate heat from the air or the ground depending on your unit.
Furnaces can be powered by oil, natural gas, or electricity. Heat pumps are run solely off of electricity and are usually the better choice for efficiency, though the price of oil or gas in your region should be considered when deciding how to cost-effectively heat your home.
Heat pump installation
A new heat pump installation is one of the most versatile and energy-efficient comfort control options on the market today. At PMV, we work right alongside you, helping you to choose the ideal model to meet your unique needs, be it air-source, ground-source, or heat recovery ducted. Your system will be expertly sized and installed by our team in order to optimize performance and maximize your system’s efficiency, giving you years of dependable service.
No matter how great, reliable, and effective a system may be, nothing is completely immune to running across some trouble now and again. When your heat pump system hits a snag, our specialists can offer leading repair services that prioritize restoring your comfort quickly, effectively, and as accurately as possible.
PMV utilizes leading tools and superior training in order to meet your repair needs, and we’re certified to provide repair for all makes and models of heat pump systems, so you know you’ve always got a professional on your side. Contact our heat pump repair specialists when:
- Your heat pump is stuck in heat or cool mode
- Your unit is making loud or unusual sounds
- You’re noticing spikes in your energy costs
- The system is failing to meet your comfort needs
- The heat pump is freezing or icing over
No matter the problem, large or small, our leading repair team can provide the reliable repair in Estonia.
Heat pump tune-ups and maintenance
You chose a heat pump system for your home because it is efficient and powerful, and the vast majority of the time your unit can keep up with your needs all year long. But that consistent use can do harm over time if you don’t make certain to ensure you’re getting routine maintenance. We offer heat pump tune-up services in order to help you maximize your home comfort, providing the thorough and complete care your system needs to keep working at its best. You chose a heat pump system for your home because it’s efficient, powerful, and the vast majority of the time your unit can keep up with your needs all year long. But that consistent use can do harm over time if you don’t make certain to ensure you’re getting routine maintenance. We offer heat pump tune-up services in order to help you maximize your home comfort, providing the thorough and complete care your system needs to keep working at its best.
• Higher energy-efficiency
• More cooling and heating comfort
• A longer-lived heat pump unit
An air source heat pump (ASHP) transfers heat from the outside air into a building as either hot air, hot water in a radiator or underfloor heating circuit, or into a domestic hot water supply.
A standard domestic heat pump will provide heat efficiently even with outside temperatures as low as −25°C.
Ground source heat pumps (GSHP) work in exactly the same way as air source except that the heat is drawn from underground rather than from the air. The temperature at around 7 meters below the surface of the ground remains at a steady temperature depending on your location.
This means that the GSHP continues to work as efficiently during the winter as at any other time of year.
Co2 Heat pumps
New system design & installation
At PMV Projekt, we can support all of your refrigeration requirements from the industrial to the commercial sector.
We are industrial refrigeration experts, specialising in the design, installation, servicing and maintenance of most types of plant.
Chilled glycol/alcohol systems
Flooded and DX systems
Two stage and cascade systems
Design and installation of control systems & PLC
Co2 transcritical & subcritical systems
Groud source Heat pumps, air-to-air & air-to-water
Reciprocating, scrol, screw & rotary compressor designs
We cover a wide range of commercial services, and have a broad range of local clients, from industrial facilities to domestic residences.
Dampening solution & ink temperature cooling units
Phase out drop in gases
Repair & Preventative maintenance
Preventative maintenance programs customized to fit your business’ needs:
· From annual to monthly visits we can create a maintenance plan that works with the demands of your equipment
· Worry free: Our system will remind us when your maintenance is due and our office staff will schedule a visit at your convenience.
· Lower energy bills by making sure your HVAC/R equipment is running at optimal performance
· Find potential problems before they become a service call
If you are experiencing problems with your refrigeration system, our convenient around the clock emergency repair services can resolve your problems 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We service and repair a wide variety of refrigeration, ventilation and heat pump systems from different industries, such as:
Liquid cooling stations
Central cooling units
Rooftop AC units
Our repair services include but are not limited to:
Acid and oil analysis
System drying & purging
gas filling, recovery & disposal
Optimization of energy use and system performance
On-call breakdown services
Plant condition assessment analysis
plc/automation installation and monitoring
Sales and support service